Sep 26, 2011

Importing Update and License Stuff

I've had a minor setback with the import process.  I discovered some fees that I wasn't expecting which means that I probably won't be importing a car for a little while until I can save up some more money.

I have also started the process of getting my Swedish drivers license.  It's quite different from getting a license in the USA.  To start off with it has four different parts instead of just two.  The first is a practical test where you drive a car on a extremely slippery surface intentionally making it slide and then recovering from the slide.  I did this part today and passed.  The next part is a theory class on the various risks that can take place while driving.  I will be taking this course in two weeks.  After that you have to take a theory test which is like the written test in the USA covering the laws and such.  Finally you can take a practical road test where they actually test your driving.  Once these four tests and activities have been completed you will receive your drivers license.

No comments:

Post a Comment