Sep 2, 2011

Flaky People

One of the things I have the most trouble with in life are flaky people. If you want to do something and say you want to do it, then do it if you can and if you can't for whatever reason, explain that. In my last post I stated that I found a car that I wanted to buy. I contacted the seller asking if the car was still available and if so, did he have any more pictures and when could I come see it because I was very interested in it. After two days he hadn't responded so I sent another email. Several days after that he responded that he had pictures of all the damage on the car and would send them. A week later I still hadn't received any communication from the seller so I sent another email asking if he had found the pictures. He responded the next day stating that the car had been sold. What?!?

So...I've decided to bypass the middleman so to speak and am going to be purchasing the car I want at auction in Japan. I have located a buying agent who will handle the actual buying, all the paperwork and get the car shipped to me. Once the car arrives here in Sweden I will be responsible for handling all the paperwork and getting it registered. The buyer I have chosen to use is PowerVehicles.com. There are several reasons for this but among them are that Powervehicles can perform any desired modifications on the vehicle before shipping.  I have had several communications from them as well as seen many testimonials that have led me to trust them.

The end result should be that I will get a car that is in great condition as cars sold in Japan are typically very very clean and in like new condition for less money than I could find a similarly equipped car that has already been imported to Sweden.  Also the cars that have already been imported are not typically in the same condition as when they left Japan.

So watch this space as I detail out the process and how it goes.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds cool man what you getting? And yea I can vouch for powervehicles they are good people *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to get a JZX100 of some sort but it is just not in my budget right now. What I am hoping to get is a 1998/9 Subaru Impreza STi Type RA. I saw pretty much the exact one I want go for 260,000 JPY at auction a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ok cool, I thought u were trying to get into drifting lol?

    ReplyDelete