Sep 9, 2010

Here we go...again...

So this is probably the fourth or fifth blog that I've started now.  All the others have been miserable failures with me not updating anywhere near as often as I wanted to when I started them and eventually forgetting them completely.  With this one, I hope to have updates at least once a week but I'm aiming high and shooting for a daily update.  I've also given myself another advantage and setup my iPhone so that I can blog from anywhere that I can get cell signal.  That way I really have no excuse whatsoever.

So what is this blog going to be about?  Well just about anything really, but in all honesty it will probably primarily wind up being about cars and car life.  I have been nuts about cars since before I could walk and could name just about every make and model of every car I saw on the road by the age of 6 as well as being able to give statistical info about the ones I liked.

With that in mind, I want to kick things off with a tribute to one of my all time favorite cars.  Sadly it was destroyed earlier this year.  The car started off life fairly normally, being passed from one owner to another.  However it's final owner, tweaked and modfied it over and over subtly massaging it to suit his purposes, which mostly consisted of gymkhana racing.  During it's evolution it achieved something that few cars ever achieve.  It not only became rather famous in the Subaru community, but it gathered a huge number of followers and admirers.  I believe the reason for this is that the car developed a unique character that nobody could quite explain.  It had become more than the sum of its parts and taken on a life of it's own.

Here are a couple of my favorite pics of it:



No comments:

Post a Comment