Sep 14, 2010

Shipping...

So when I was living in the US I purchased a lightly wrecked 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX that basically only had minor body damage all around.  My plan was to turn it into a rally car but I never had the funds to complete it.  Now that I'm living in Sweden I'd like to at least get the drivetrain and a few other parts over here.  The problem is the cost of shipping...it's outrageous!  For a 20' container to put the Opel and the WRX parts into I'm looking at at least $5,000!!!  The container itself will weigh more than what I'm going to put in it so the weight isn't the issue.  I guess they're claiming it is the cost of fuel or something.  None of these shipping companies really inspire any form of confidence that they won't accidentally drop my stuff in the middle of the Atlantic somewhere either.

No comments:

Post a Comment