Sep 13, 2010

My 1973 Opel GT

Ok, so I missed a day there, it took me a while to find the following photos. I couldn't just go out and take a couple pictures of my GT because it happens to be about 4000 miles away from me right now.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of it as it stood about 5 years ago.  It has had a partial restoration, basically a face-lift and minor mechanical tweaks.  Currently it needs a full restoration and is patiently waiting for me to ship it here to Sweden so I can do that.









 Here are a couple pictures of what I plan on doing with her in the next restoration.
Steinmetz Widebody Flares:



Hood with twin scoops and front airdam:

There are many more modifications that I will be doing to bring her up to modern specifications, especially performance wise as the original 1.9 liter motor just doesn't quite have the punch that I want it to have.  I will likely drop in something a bit more modern with around 220hp to the wheels.

No comments:

Post a Comment