Apr 24, 2011

New Shoes

Today I went to the Elmia car show in Jönköping Sweden, which I think is the largest car show in northern Europe.  There are four halls filled with cars of every vintage. This year was the 40th anniversary so there weren't any special guests like usual, unless you count the poor, riced out, beaten up cars from the various Fast & Furious movies.  They had the Charger, Supra, both Eclipses, RX-7 and the R34 Skyline.  The cars are even more disappointing in person than they are in the films.  The front of the R34 has had a light coat of gray sprayed on it to simulate road dust and the like from driving and it was done so badly that it even has some major runs in the paint since they sprayed it on so thick.

Anyway, I picked up a new pair of shoes there, Sparco Esse in blue/white.  I got a pretty good deal on them, roughly $20 off of regular price.  They're not the competition shoes that are fireproof and all that, just regular sportswear type shoes but should be pretty good for driving.

Here's a pic I found on google that will have to do until I can take some pics of my own.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment